Thursday, January 24, 2008

Few and Far Between

My life has been sort of a world wind since November and I've been itching to write about it but haven't had the time to update. Here is the short list of what has change in my life in the last 2 1/2 months:
  • Changed jobs
  • Changed professions
  • Learned unofficial subway/path schedules
  • Resident of Jersey (soon)
  • Become even more handsome
  • Lost my Cell phone
  • Beat HALO 3 CO-OP
The realizing of my dream that I've worked so hard to accomplish is what has cause my world to turn topsy-turvy. I went from the IT/Help desk support world to the Engineering role that has been much coveted by me.

What would you do for a Engineering position?


To keep this role I've been waking and 4am to truck my behind to Jersey using public transportation for the most part (This is a saga unto itself and deserves a separate posting). I'm at my desk and working most days by 7am and usually leave by 4pm. The first few weeks of this I was awful grouchy but have since learned to channel the Dynamo needed to operate on 4-5 hours sleep.

In the process I've lost the one to one communication and teaching that I loved so much; I'm still seeking an outlet for that part of me. This loss cannot compare to the joy I've gained from the workout my brain has been getting at this time. I've been itching to put my problem solving and analytical skills to the test and I'm loving it. Some days I feel like a second round pick; I know if I keep plugging away and dedicating myself I will reach all-star status. It's been an adjustment though because I am used to things feeling and being so much easier.

Here's a sneak peak of my office

2 comments:

L BO said...

HEADSHOT HONCHO BABY!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well said.