Sunday, May 06, 2007

Times they are a changin'

If you told me 2 or 3 years ago that I would be console gamer I would throwup some nerdy gang-like sign and yell "PC for life". Due to keeping tight control of my cheddar through my working years after college I haven't spent much time or money upgrading my PC as a result I have a slow beast with technology from what amounts to the middle ages. During that time I purchased a second-hand Xbox and have been playing it on and off over that last 2 years. I was first addicted to Fight Night Round 2, followed by Burnout and then Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. Soon I became intrigued with the future of the new consoles but I never looked too long as it made me feel like a cheater. There I was with my PC looking at other machines, it was shameful.

I tried as I could to fight the yearning to get a "next gen" system and had almost resigned to saving up money till December to get a new computer, but then the unthinkable happened. X heard me pining over Xbox 360 and offered to hook me up with the elite version. How could I say no? He ordered it last Sunday and for once there was actually someone here when the delivery guy came by. It was lust at first sight. I put it together right away and tested out just about every game that I had purchased the previous day.

It was at this point that I decided that from now on I will refer to everything in terms of when Xbox 360 came into my life. Thursday of this week is an epochal event: every day before it shall be know as X day Before Xbox360 (BX) and every day from that point shall be reffered to as After Xbox 360 (AX).

1:40PM 3 AX

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the bleary-eyed world of xBoxing! Now you can learn life's secret: that you were foolish to think you ever had to leave the house for entertainment. It is a gift beyond price. I only hope that you do not suffer the Ring of Death as I recently have. Laminate that freaking receipt and warranty, bro. Laminate it now.

L BO said...

Soon you will refer to every day after now as Before L Bo Bought Marvel Ultimate Alliance For What Used To Be My XBOX 360 and After LBBMUAFWTBMX360. Thanks for the next-gen console, bro.

Keysie said...

"If you told me 2 or 3 years ago that I would be console gamer I would throwup some nerdy gang-like sign and yell "PC for life"."

i love it! thats great- did you ever play Might & Magic or OH here's an old school one: Police Quest! The original not the sequels...i loved that game.