Thursday, October 11, 2007

Or Die Laughing...

Due to incredible lameness on my part I was unable to watch the Boondocks when the season premiere aired on Sunday night. If it wasn't for my digital recorder, which remembered to record this show for me, I would have been a sad individual all week. Troubled my forgetfulness and in great need to relieve myself, I got out of bed at 4:30am and proceeded to sync my Zen with my PC.

I'd been waiting for the second season of the animated adaptation of Aaron McGruder's syndicated cartoon column for over a year now and was overjoyed to be finally viewing this. It didn’t disappoint. Five seconds into the show I started cracking up; I must have looked like a crackpot to everybody else on the train.

It’s funny, socially relevant (some may say irreverent), and beautifully drawn.

I hate it when I figure out a smart, interesting pithy response too late. It’s all you think about for a couple hours afterwards. It haunts you in your dreams if you don’t finally let that someone in on the joke. In that spirit I present: “I said this but, I really should have said…” (I am still working on the title)

Manager: I am off to purchase goods and services at a nearby establishment. You are a hardworking gentleman and I am a kind soul. Would you like to quench your parched throat with some precious liquid?

I Said this: I would like a spot of fine tea on ice.

I really should have said this: Scotch

It seemed a lot funnier in my head…

1 comment:

L BO said...

Have you started working at Ye Ole Haberdashery?
If you haven't, you should...or die tryin'