Thursday, October 11, 2007

Check Yourself

I finished a checkbook today. It was an extremely cathartic experience; signing my name on the page and then tearing the last check cleanly along the perforated edges. As I sat there reflecting on my great check writing achievement I noticed that this book still bore the address from my college apartment. Almost 7 years of check writing ends in a blink of an eye. Now I have to consider all that is ahead of me.

What kind of checks do I order? Glow in the dark so I can write them in the middle of the night. Perhaps I can choose ones sporting the image of master chief to show that I am all about Halo 3. Another option is the New York Knicks minus the sexual harassment. The possibilities are endless. I really need to choose carefully because I will be staring at these babies once a month for the next seven years.

Just call me the check writer.

No comments: