Tuesday, November 16, 2010

St. Lucia '10 Day 3

Fish Friday:

The second full day's breakfast was much like the first, delicious. I walked into the living room to find my uncle deep into a Wimbledon match. Next up was the World cup, I was then witness to Brazil's loss; I could only begin to imagine the tears and anger felt by my bosses wife. Once my uncle relinquished hold of the TV I surfed to see
what the island had to offer.

I kept finding myself being drawn to cat woman, though I did not want to admit it. The movie was bad, however, Halle Berry in a catsuit is awe inspiring. I still believe to this day that the movie was green lighted for the Halle catwalk scene. I exited the Halle-mania to swim for 3
hours.

After watching some more football and writing the first draft of my postcards it was time for fish Fridays. My Aunt Tina's friend brought us to a joint with fresh grilled seafood. We had conch grilled with spices and similarly season grilled snapper.

I went to the side kitchen in search of green banana salad for my mom and discovered they also had turtle. This was my first turtle experience, it was quite surprising. It was well seasoned and had a texture and flavor similar to beef. It was then on to the street fair.

My aunt surprised me at the street fair with a chaperon, someone my age and speed, to show me around. We walked around the street fair where I consumed lots of goodies; coconut water, fresh roasted peanuts to name a few. We were out for quite some time listening to new soca tunes and dancing the night away. By the time I'd gotten back home from all the revelry I only had 3 hours before I needed to be at the downtown market.

4 comments:

koolredd said...

"by the time i got the back hoe...i only had 3 hours before the downtown market".....hilarious

L BO said...

it ain't his fault he can't spell. or read. or write.

L BO said...

dear auntie tina,
thank you for providing that other guy with a companion. he was not lonely at all.

HumanDynamo said...

That was useful input, you guys really added a lot to the post.