Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Super Bowl of Crap

Super Bowl of Crap

Never before has a more useless quarterback gotten undeserved glory than Ben Worthlessberger. Eli Manning, Peyton's younger challenged brother, is the closest one to Pittsburgh's overly praised pride and joy.

Why so much contempt for a quarterback who goes out there and "wins" games? My anger is probably a bit misplaced, its really the two-faced announcers that I should save my name calling for. I am tired of hearing these guys called a one footed chuck a "great" pass because a quarterback is bailed out by a receiver.

I hope the Eagle player who got the really cheap hit on Kurt Warner after a play he essentially had no part of is heavily fined. I hate the rules set aside to baby quarterbacks but the hit was pointless. I've seen guys get fined for far less.

At times the nfl seems to require that guys exhibit superpowers just to avoid hitting a quarterback who released the ball seconds after the D's launch to the air. It is preposterous to tag these guys with fines and their teams with penalties when worse happens.

1 comment:

L BO said...

word up.
i love watching big ben get sacked.
also, i hate that there's no longer a 5 yd and 15 yd facemask.