Monday, February 16, 2009

Things that happen and others that didn't...

Holy weekend Batman. Anne came to town this weekend, long planned follow-up from the fun and frivolity from last month. I attempted a world wind tour of the NYC. I skipped my favorite borough of Brooklyn but made it through a third of Manhattan.

NYC, from my eyes, is friendly and easy to just walk and enjoy. There is an ebb and flow from one neighborhood to the next as you go cross town or make you way North.

The views from the top of 30 rock give a good idea of the city's size and density, Central Park is the exception that proves the rule; I find the view towards the north with Central Park is absolutely breathtaking especially when things aren't gray.

The highlights...
Touring the statue brought me back to my teen years when I visited lady liberty twice a summer for many a summer. Much of the fun of visiting the monument is halted by security checks. Long gone are the days of spiraling through lady liberty now it is down to a sanitized view through the looking glass. No souls are allowed to brave it up to her crown, the yellow lines mark you best view of the path other trekked.

For my money's worth we made it to two of my favorite spots for pizza: John's and Totono's. John's was solid as usual and Totono's was all kinds of delicious. You don't know someone till you've ordered pizza with them. I'm a topping minimalist and found myself at odds with the number suggested pizza additives. I love sausage. Garlic is always good. Mushrooms are fantastic. You get the joke., but, no more than two of these should be combined on you pizza. As a matter of fact two toppings should only considered for your second pie.

No comments: