Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Next

This may sound a little bit unbelievable, but I watched "Next" yesterday and it got me thinking. Does the 2 minute rule preserve the continuity of time? Does it break the rules? By the end I started to think about destiny and freedom of choice. It inspired the following...

the possibilities are endless
lives touch and cross through the ages
me, you, her and him
we each progress in our own time
false choices and pitfalls
path littered with mistakes
people we take for granted
the mistake is not taking a chance
in you, me, her and him
the possibilities are endless
but we all have one destiny
and i'd like to make you mine

3 comments:

L BO said...

NOOOOO
NEXT IS THE SHITTIEST MOVIE EVER. Not even the mind blowing hotness of Jessica Biel could stop Nicholas Cage from once again destroying the moving image.
Did you somehow get the idea from my professional movie review of Next that you should watch it? Cause if so, someone else should do your reading for you.
http://whitejezus.blogspot.com/2007/09/nexter-aka-professional-movie-review-2.html

HumanDynamo said...

Sue me, I'm a ear behind you in movies!

Anonymous said...

The movie -- never saw it, will try if I can find two hours in my life that are not already owed to kids, school, work, and partner(?)

okay that wasn't nice, but I guess I'm in a not-so-nice mood....let me be nice and re-type...blah,blah,...kids, school, work and partner...

I digress, which if you remember anything about me is one of the things that I do best,

anyway...the point was....
The poem

....beautiful, mind blowing, and oh so true, we must take the chance,

we are either following or looking for our destinies and yes, at times we do leave (did you say) paths of mistakes...(I am told that I transpose and interpret and don't take words for the real meaning so maybe you didn't say this exactly, but I know it to be true (the paths of mistakes thing that is and not necessarily the transposing thing) so I have honed in on this....

mistakes...if we don't take the chance and the risk, and choose to live a life without risk, we limit the endless possibilities of life....sounds like you have decided to take on an adventure...enjoy!!

Reach out if you know who it is :)