Wednesday, December 16, 2009

First outing alone

I don't usually roll anywhere unless I am with someone. I in fact did this somewhat reluctantly. It just feels weird to be completely solo; I’ve heard that people like to go where everybody knows your name. The one exception to all of this is when I take long walks through the city. Here I am at the tea lounge with a cup of chai - in a seat for one - waiting for the show to begin.

This lounge wasn't my first option. I scoured the pages of L Magazine and NY Mag for different spots to go to. I was seriously disappointed when I realized that it was too late to check out the "Wu BQ" in Williamsburg, I mean really, an event with a DJ spinning Wu bangers and server grilled meats. A great sense of despair fell over me till I saw "Beatbox Guitar" was scheduled at the Tea Lounge.

A two man band with a beatbox artist and a guitar player, sounds like a decent idea. What if this bad also guest starred a belly dancer; A 5'7 beauty that moved to the beatbox as if it were her heartbeat. I believe this is the closest approximation to heaven that I will ever see.

I was pleasantly surprised when her "twin" came on stage for a solo performance. I actually wasn't sure this was a different person, as she went by the same name, till I saw the hummingbird tattoo that adorned her back and right side. To close out the set the set of "twins" came out to do a performance in stereo. Yeah.

The guys with the instruments were also talented. I hear that they will be at BAM this Saturday. I hope they bring the twins.

I went to the pisser during intermission and drew the one with the broken lock. Pissing with the door open, my dreams have come true. I hear the door open and shut midstream. When I walk out I am pleasantly surprised that it was a chick I'd noticed earlier.

As I passed my I let her know about the lock. She went in to verify my information then walked out and stood outside looking perplexed. Noticing a damsel in distress I doubled back and offered my security services. She accepted my offer to guard the door for her, unfortunately, I was not able to turn this masterpiece of chivalry into bedding her. I am still disappointed to this day. She had 2 friends who were just as good looking, my loss.

After the music and dancing I didn't want to head home so I chased the chai with a glass of Proseco. I didn't find any answers at the bottom of the glass and there wasn't another act coming so I headed home.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now I can find out your stories without seeing you! Awesome!

L BO said...

Man, you COULDN'T turn guarding a bathroom door into an invitation for raunchy sex? Get your game up!

Maybe you just need a barely-above-adequate wingman.