Tuesday, March 09, 2010

2 Souls

I have been trying to describe a feeling,no, a state of mind. It is the reason that two people with distinct backgrounds and complete opposite personalities can be the best of friends. It is the reason X and I connected from jumpstreet and have been inseparable ever since. I can't describe in perfect words why we are good friends any more than I could explain why clowns give me the chills. You either get it or you don't.

I don't mean to denigrate other relationships. As a matter of fact it took a while LBO and I to become friends. We balled quite a bit but we weren't pinkie swearing from day one. Now we are as thick as thieves, nothing comes between us except: women, poor passing choices in 2K10 and various stupid decisions he makes like chewing with his mouth open.

These examples bring us to the crux of the argument. I have never experienced the former in the context of a romantic relationship. I've either been attracted to a person or thought they had an interesting personality. Love grew from there. I have never felt an instant connection till now.

"Amor en primera vista"

I still refuse to call it that. Its like trying to define a black hole or the square of -1. How does one define the undefinable? How does one hold the wind? Yet here I am thinking and feeling for a person I barely know for all intents and purposes. This is impossible.

This is rare.

2 comments:

L BO said...

Damn it would have been tight if I had published my square root of -1 theory. Soon though. I'm gonna start chewing with my mouth WIDE open.

Unknown said...

I chew with my mouth wide open too, high five larry! Also the square of -1 is 1. Its like a double not.