Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Mind Full

It's obvious that things aren't what they're meant to be
The fact that we can't got me fucked up mentally
wish I had the words to open up your heart to me
so i can say the magic words like open sesame
better be a bevy of bomb blasts breaking backs like bane
I'd rather that than the pain
I feel when you are away
thought it was real but life is a mirage
Like trying to buy a Benz with money for a neon dodge
times it feels just right
just like we might
but I gotta fight
to keep sight of the light
and keep my thoughts tight

That's all I have so far. I started writing this on the train at the back of a business card on the way to chill with some friends. Don't have a title for it yet. I need some ideas.

I should be working on one that I actually have a beat for but I am without an MP3 player for now so it's kind difficult to remember the beat and write a 1/2 way almost decent rhyme. The name of the new piece is gonna be "new man."

This is Phantom's piece that I was supposed to post may 16th

Yo. This rhyme. It's like Mad Libs
Cause you fill in the blanks without giraffe ribs

April one five, tax day it's true
Also Sherman's birthday, damn who knew
The plans for the day, the itinerary
Janet kept it locked secret like the military
1 year older now a quarter century
It's been a beautiful struggle like Talib Kweli
That's the one clue, that I'll reveal
Maybe later on, we can catch a meal
Or head to the _____ to celebrate your b-day
Hope this yellow plastic bat ain't a dead giveaway
Gonna keep it Brooklyn centric as long as we can
Since 9th grade, you know you've been my man
Showed that heart of gold, morning volunterring
While DJ and I slept cozy in our beds
Whatever's next, no telling where Janet's steering
Clue #2 some pork fried duck heads
Middle of the day, gonna drop a big surprise
When _____ _____ and you won't believe your eyes
Once again props to Janet for organization
3 thumbs up like TiVO for Latin Nation
O know what else? We gonna blankety blank
At hmmm, but prolly not with Frank
Wanna hear how we did what we do?
The mystery'll be revealed when we get to part 2

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Titles:
I like the line before the last...."keep sight of the light"
The "light" could mean hope, truth, a path, clarity, all at once, or any one of these at different moments of the situation. Or whatever you want it to mean. Light is special, it illuminates our journey and path. But it can describe a state of being, esp. for our souls,hearts, minds(as in feeling "light")

What or which "light" did you mean? any of the mentioned ones, or something totally different....

HumanDynamo said...

in this instance the light I am refering to is the path. the straight and narrow if you will. although in this instance it could also mean truth. it's whatever keeps my frantic mental state static, secure or grounded

Anonymous said...

Man, you talkin bout a night lite cause yo' ass gets scared in the dark.

HumanDynamo said...

it's ok to be scurred of the dark. fear of the black hat