Friday, June 23, 2006

Rhymes for no Reason

Untitled
Desire...
to be what you are not
to have what you cannot-leads down the road of unhappiness
to be better than what you are
to make the world better-leads to great things

I Want...
to be anywhere but here
to be strong
to be right but often am wrong

I want to be with you

I Wish...
to be a better man some day
to be an engineer
to be influential enough to change the course of this world
to be a great dad some day-leading little ones to unselfish things

I wish you were the one.

Untitled
who Am I?
how do I identify myself?
is it through your eyes that I judge?
through the looking glass I see
but is that really me?
distorted funhouse vision
obtuse and oblong, i can't fit in my own skin
insecure and unsure but what for
surely do not fit in your mold
this is what i know for sure

am I a black man?
"more LIKE white with a heavy tan"
"YOU talk white, yet say aight"
"you are not AUTHENTIC or afrocentric"
"show more LOVE for the sistas"
"be WITH your kind not mine"
"you have NO rep on the street"
"no CHANCE of being gangsta"

4 comments:

Conqueress said...

I like your style & tone... poetry is always so expressive. Cool pic you're got up here, too.

Anonymous said...

Change
The one constant in life is change
Nothing remains the same
Even when we so desire it to

So our plight becomes this
Do we wait for change
React to change
or effect change

When we wait for change
we are often faced with change that is not desired

When we react to change
We are just a pawn in someone else's game

But when we effect change
we are engaged, motivated, empowered and alive....not merely surviving change.

(Not a poem, cause I don't flow, I just reflect)

Knowing you has changed me for the positive....

Thank you for effecting change in my life.

HumanDynamo said...

Thx to both of you for the compliments. tina your stuff is floetic. We want more!!!

Anonymous said...

(Another reflection... you asked for it.)

Why?

Why do we live in a world
that makes you choose
one or two identities rather than accepting
all of the complexities that make
you - you and me - me?

Why do we live in a world that places barriers and burdens on some, while it sets others free?

Why do we live in a world that changes the rules of the game
once all of the players gain understanding of the existing
strategies?

Why are we afraid of equality?

Why?