Thursday, August 17, 2006

Anatomy of a Blog Entry

I've started writing many pieces for this blog without actually posting. Some of you may think that blogging is a simple task but I would like to dispel that myth right here and now.


Bloganatomy 101

Life.
This requires more than just breathing in and out. Occasionally I find things like waking up and moving to the other side of my bed exhilarating. Some others
a) go to work
b) take walks in the park
c) attend functions such as parties, concerts and museums


Ideas.
No one knows exactly where "ideas" come from but I find that these are often fueled by the aforementioned "Life." The greatest scientific minds have been hard at work trying to solve this riddle but still have no idea. This is just the first part though. I pull ideas from everything around me, the sun, the wind, the leaves; I get in touch with the earth. Generally I find that the earth has some brilliant ideas.

I travel all across the world meeting different people just to know what is hot around the globe. I ask questions like: "What puzzles you about the world?” or "What are you excited about today?” Occasionally I pull out: "What kind of cheese do you think the Moon is made of?" Most of the time people just go on rants about Brooklyn; probably because it's totally awesome.

+

Statisticians and Monkeys
I prefer to call them number buffs. I get the number buffs to crunch all the data I collect and then present me with the top five topics. Then I begin writing about each topic. At this point my prose is filled with colorful anecdotes and alliteration which would make the greatest writers through the ages blush. It is then that I hand the text over to the monkeys who do the editing.

Triangulate
Figures out which article has the perfect nexus of piratical, Brooklyn(al) and musical references. This very complex program runs six days over six computers working in parallel at the end of which I have the perfect blog.

2 comments:

L BO said...

At which step does coherence come in to play?

Anonymous said...

Holy hell, is that a monkey doing Larry's job?
Awesome post, me likey pictures.