Friday, August 18, 2006

Deep Thoughts/Time

Perhaps you recall the last entry concerning the Anatomy of a Blog. One of the elements was the computers program which picks the best. Well I have been able to circumvent the system and pull out the rejects as well as some pieces midway through "Monkey Processing". It's kinda like a computer or a word processor except entirely powered by monkeys, it's my own personal invention. Some might say that this is merely an attempt to thread crap, I take offense to those of you who think like that. Those types of thoughts are quaint and that happens to be the beginnings of one of my entries.

quaint

One entry found for quaint.

Main Entry: quaint

Pronunciation: 'kwAnt

Function: adjective

Etymology: Middle English queinte, cointe, from Anglo-French, clever, expert, from Latin cognitus, past participle of cognoscere to know -- more at COGNITION

1 obsolete : EXPERT, SKILLED

2 a : marked by skillful design India ink -- Herman Melville> b : marked by beauty or elegance

3 a : unusual or different in character or appearance : ODD b : pleasingly or strikingly old-fashioned or unfamiliar

synonym see STRANGE

- quaint·ly adverb

- quaint·ness noun

This was initially rejected because it didn't lead to any positive statements concerning pirates, music or Brooklyn. I could have just stuck random references in there but that would lead to incoherent ramblings and there is no way I want to be known for that.

The following almost made it through till the forces of football, not the American kind, killed my writing flow.

Paper or Plastic?

My world view has literally been crushed after finding out that when posed with this question on the line at the market my natural choice would be the wrong one. So I started to think of other false choices I am faced with in life.
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? See the problem at hand is that this question does not take evolution into consideration. So this is how it works. um worked.

Heat the oil in a large heavy-bottomed soup pot and sauté the breasts until they are light brown, about 5 minutes. Remove the breasts and set aside. Add half of the onions and sauté until translucent, approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Remove and set aside. hmmm Um alright so that isn't quite the explanation of the primordial soup but it is the beginnings of what looks like an excellent chicken soup recipe. Check it out at http://www.reluctantgourmet.com/chicksoup.htm

I don't think I really fully explained the paper or plastic thing. The first thing you think of when posed with this questions is how environmentally safe paper is. Paper bags can be made from recycled materials. The second obvious plus for paper is it's potential to go back from whence it came. The sciencey enviro-folks like to call this biodegrading. Both things are completely true in a vacuum (I don't mean this literally) but are not quite so in the real world

North or South Korea

North Korea has Kim Jong Il and he has many Taep'o-dong. What could be better than a dude who kidnaps people from other countries to direct a film for him? Perhaps one who fancys himself as a rockstar, just check out his doo. Probably his most endearing quality is his willingness to starve his people for his greater good?

South Korea has Seoul. duh

Hockey or Soccer?

I managed to live through the world cup. It's not that I hate soccer, that's reserved for nascar.

This one was a reader submission that just didn't strike the correct note with the statisticians.

Apparently Hush Puppies were fed to dogs to keep them quiet as their human masters cooked.

Hush puppy I'm trying to cook!

That's about all the oldies but goodies I have for now. I hope nobody actually read this thoug. That would be paramount to watching one of those crappy recap episodes that shows through at you once a season.

I am sorry if I wasted anyone's time any more than usual. You should be enjoying SoaP instead.

No comments: