Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I wrote this blog, a long time ago a really long time ago!!!

I figure that today is as good as any for looking back. This is like one of your favorite shows doing a quasi-recap episode. You know the one with all the flashbacks and about 5 minutes of new scenes???

New material later, this now...

It might seem a little late but I think it's perfectly timed. Some may have been brimming with excitement with the whole new year but I can say I wasn't one of them. That little changeover in a day brings so many things with it, the first and perhaps worst of all is the dreaded "Resolution." I didn't make one and haven't for the last 5 years.

Yes, I am a rebel. I think it's unreasonable to think that in the midst of the emotional roller coaster known as December that anyone can truly do the proper soul searching required to resolve to do or not do something. Moreover, the resolve rarely last longer than 4 weeks. After the tryptophan wears off, resolutions also go by the wayside. At this point it becomes a burden and usually the annoying thing your friends remind you about.

I'm usually "that guy" but there is nothing worse than being bugged by "that guy" with an "I told you so." It's not that I mind being wrong. The bigger issue is that I already know that I was properly advised previously. (A little bit of topic)

Resolutions I really useless; the only one I have been able to keep is to stop making them.

No comments: