Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Honduras: Day 4

Storming Weather

I dreamt of pancakes that night.The lobster forecast fortold by the fisherman was on point. It rained all night and the wind was still whipping up something awful. I was ready decked out in full rain gear, swim trunks and wind breaker.

I leaned on the wind, it held me up, it felt like I was soaring. My mind free of the 9 to 5. Puffed up by the wind I felt larger than life. My worries being swept away as each breath of the earth passed through me. Soaking wet from head to toe as the rain washed over me. Scrubbed clean by the wind and baptised by the rain, I am.

The sun finally poked through, the wind died down, the rain let up. I walked down the pier back to the house ready to face the day. I made breakfast for the troops : scrambled eggs with ham, ham-cheddar omlete with bacon on the side.

I threw my swim gear on and hopped into the kayak determined to ride a wave. The stormy weather had kicked the sea into another gear. I attacked the waves did my leg was asleep and my arms were like noodles.

I joined the rest of the party at the mangroves that blocked access to the rest of the beach. In my previous adenture with the waves I saw a path through the mangroves; I decided to scout out the uncharted territories.

The route was eerie, like something straight out of a hollywood movie. The path through the mangroves was windy, dank and dark. There wasn't anything particularly special about it , but, it was real cool.

1 comment:

L BO said...

what up floetry!