Thursday, May 27, 2010

Roatan Part Deux

(April 23rd)
I started packing days in advance so I would be fully prepared for me trip. I checked, double-checked and tripled-checked and still managed to forget several items. I left the most important, thoughtful items at home; I fail.

I was quick to get out in the morning. Running on just 1 hour of sleep is somehow invigorating. Perhaps it is the fact that at any moment I could be asleep again.

I stepped to the check-in counter to begin what I felt was to be a run of the mill transaction. I handed over my passport, "Mr James?" There was about 5 minutes of key mashing and facial contortions. After one last look of concern the agent go up and walked to a super agent. Their short powow cause my original agent to walk clear across the area to speak to another individual. This meeting of the minds also consulted super-agent. Having quietly waited while this all went down I decided it was time for some action, "is there a problem with my ticket?" Was met with "not that I know of sir" by super agent. Really odd given what I have noticed thus far.

The discussions and calls wnet back and forth for a long time. Agent eventually came back to talk face to face with super-agent then took a quick look at his terminal. I asked him the same question i had asked super-agent. We overbooked your flight and you are the last one on the list. We are trying to find any alternate"

I guess that isn't a problem with my ticket, super-agent was right, i just didnt have a ticket to speak of. "Could you find a way to get me final stop to be Roatan" After some fanagling between agent, super-agent and I, i was granted a ticket to Roatan; planned arrival 6pm which makes my grand total 15 hours from departure.

No comments: