Wednesday, August 27, 2008

From Japan with Love

Yesterday, I finally received one of the knives I purchased from Japan three weeks ago. It was Christmas in August as I tracked my packed over the last week. I watched it creep closer and closer to me as I awaited the day of delivery. The Fedex guy didn't even have a chance to find the doorbell as I ambushed him before he could get to the door. This probably wasn't the first of time he's seen someone exhibit kind of behavior.


O my. It's lighter than air and razor sharp. I immediately became that chef dude from the infomercials; slicing cleanly through things I would later regret using as props. This ninja in training setup an obstacle course (tomatoes on toothpicks) and diced through the gauntlet. Before long, I was also lightly tossing cherry tomatoes at the knife and watching in complete awe as they were split in two.






When it was finally time to get to cooking I found it difficult to prepare food. Unaccustomed with such a sharp knife I found myself going deep into the cutting board. Cutting with this knife is like a papercut; so light and clean you barely know any work has been done till everything falls apart.







(Proof reading is for losers)

1 comment:

L BO said...

That's nice and all, but do you have any photos of JUST styrofoam peanuts?