Friday, September 08, 2006

Bionical Man


Out From the Frying pan-Into the Fryer

I was really looking forward to my doctor's visit yesterday. It's been approximately ten days after surgery I was on my way to have my stitches removed and feeling great. I popped into the office and right into the X-ray room for stills of my surgically repaired knee. On a side note, the technician saw no problem with me using my cell phone while in the room. I used my better judgement and got off the phone before I was turned into the Incredible Hulk.


As I lay on the table waiting for the doctor I began to drift away into dreamland; I was crossing over everyone on the court with the quickness. Little did I know what was actually in store for me. Unfortuantely all I am capable of doing now is going to see crossover, greatest basketball movie ever. White Men Can't Jump be damned.

So What did they do to you?

My doctor told me that he actually did the microfracture; He drilled several holes in my knee. He also scooped out the crap, technical term, which was on the right side om my right knee. I was albe to get a copy of the cam shots of my knee but all got was this T-shirt... Actually it was a black and white photopy which does not translate well so these color images aren't actully my knee but some other poor soul.

After our little talk it was time to me fitted formy brace. I expected a soft brace and a welcomed return to the land of flexing my knee. Instead I was introduced to a "cast alternative", megalabrace. This fantastic contraption reaches from my crotch to my ankle and requires the entire area to all move together in the same direction. It is an awe inspiring bionic attachment and at the same time a fushtrating figure four leg lock. (Perhaps that was a not a perfect metaphor but what is these days?)

4 comments:

priscilla said...

Why are you not wearing a cape?

Anonymous said...

Why are you not showing more leg?

Anonymous said...

Why would you ever insult White Men Can't Jump? You may be simple.
Also, this blogger thing is giving me a spot of bother when I try to log in. Attribute the previous comment to me as well.

-L Bo

Unknown said...

Because those pants look like the color of your skin, I thought you posted a picture of you pants-less. Wouldn't be the first time...