Saturday, September 16, 2006

Don't Blame Tony Jaa

In the interest of full disclosure I must confess that I am a huge Tony Jaa fan. His charisma and lack of acceptance of the laws of physics makes for great action. Tony was never told that humans can't walk on walls; so it is no surprise that he succeeds at doing just that. I'm absolutely surprised that he hasn't tried flying yet.

With that out of the way I would ask that you please do not blame Tony Jaa for "The Protector." He obviously did above and beyond all that was asked of him. Unfortunately they asked him for "ridiculous." I believe the direction went like this:

Lame Director: "Tony, do you think you can break his pinky with the back your knee"
Tony: "Sure, anything you say"
Lame Director: "O yeah, you need to repeat this about 100 times for a bunch of dudes all dressed in black"
Tony: "I really prefer using my knees and elbows to do awesome moves. I believe this is truly my strong point"
Lame Director: "I've already cut the movie in such a way to make the story incomprehensible. Now I want to ruin your action scene."
Tony: "I'm totally humble and respectful so I won't hit you with a flying knee or elbow"

The director clearly has it out for Tony Jaa, probably because unlike Tony he doesn't respect people. I really don't know the reason for having hate in his blood but it couldn't have been anything malicious on the part of Tony.





Flying Knee...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea what you just said. But Flying Knees rock over Flying Nuns, any day.

HumanDynamo said...

Now you know the experience I had watching the movie. I just channeled the poor movie script and increased my dosage of mind benders.


Flying Knee...

Anonymous said...

SOMEONE STOLE MY ELEPHANTS!!

I love they showed Tony's sensitive side...

-LBO