Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Things that happen when time passes

Nigerian super food

You've probably heard lots of lies concerning some excellent Nigerian food(Check out ATBV). It may not be for the faint of heart, or the weak of stomach, but if you give it a chance you will be pleasantly surprised.

What To Do At The Nigerian Restaurant:

Order the mixed meat: it can't possibly taste as bad as it sounds. Meat that is mixed with even more meat is a truly ingenious creation. The combination really brings out the meaty flavor of the meat; I would recommend this for all the vegetarians out there.

Expect your waiter to get back to you when he is off the phone. You wouldn't want to interrupt would you?

Expect that your waiter will embody the philosophy of a hustler.

Take advantage of the time you have with your waiter cause it's mighty precious. He cannot spend all day with you as he has to get back to the hustle.

Order the Goat head.

Order the yam cause it's an essential part of eating with your hands.

Be Nigerian. If not expect your waiter to help you out by bringing out the best Nigerian super food.


First day of work

After two weeks of recovery I went back to work on Monday to do some negotiating. I really needed Samuel L Jackson but I did alright for myself. I tried taking the express bus to work and was quickly reminded that traveling through lower Manhattan on September 11th is a terrible idea.

On any other day the bus would go right up Church street to my job but through bad luck and even worse planning I was kicked off the bus somewhere under the Brooklyn Bridge. I was approximately 10 blocks away from my job at that point.I tried hopping into a yellow cab and was turned away when I told the cabbie where I was headed to.
A rocket pack would have come in really handy for my trip to work as my 10 block hobble took almost an hour and a half to complete. If anyone has a spare rocket pack please let me know.

Telecommute

I start physical therapy tomorrow and started working from home today. I consider it as a duty to the rest of humankind and the earth now that I am no longer part of the morning and afternoon rush. I can serve my community, my job and the world the best laying in bed and responding to the needs of my job. I can assure you that I take no joy in working in my pajamas with my feet up while sipping on a cocktail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This
Means
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

-L Bo, owner of ATBV and funnier ORIGINAL posting

priscilla said...

You bring up an excellent point re melding of meats. Likewise, Nigerian foodblog mixed with even more Nigerian foodblog is truly a masterful thing. Well done.