Saturday, June 13, 2009

Lonely Ranger

Last week was my 10 year High School reunion. I had no desire to go to this function, but had run out of excuses not to attend. My trepidation about going was unfortunately confirmed by my attendance. I try not to regret things, but I can certainly say that I didn't get much out of the reunion.

I can't quite pinpoint what is wrong with me. I tend to think of myself as a friendly person. I am good at engaging people in one on one conversations; I love telling elaborate stories about the most mundane of things. I would say it is anxiety linked to meeting new people but that couldn't have come into play for the reunion.

What does this all mean? I am an anti-social loon with no good reason for the things I do. The Big City kid who hates big groups?

The Ranger rides again...

No comments: