Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hybrid Theory

I need a car.

Moving from Jersey back to Brooklyn and away from my job means I lose some of the things I have become comfortable with. Gone are the days of being picked up by my boss. Sleeping in the car is no longer an option. Public transport is not a viable option; it wasn't even serviceable the first time around.

So far I've test driven a used Prius and have interest in the civic hybrid. The Prius was tricked out with navigation and bluetooth sync. In the end I wasn't thrilled with the look or the price of the Prius.

The Civic hybrid is based on the well known Civic body style so it doesn't look half bad. Unlike the Prius, the Civic is a mild Hybrid which is less efficient. Full Hybrids operate on the electric motor under 25 mph while mild ones rarely cut off the gas engine. The advantage to this is that the full hybrid saves tons of gas in city driving.

I am still considering conventional gas engine cars like the Toyota Yaris. I have about 2 weeks to make a decison and a purchase. This theory needs to become a reality...

1 comment:

L BO said...

I hear walking saves mad gas